Of all the everyday heroes who help carry out Maui Health's vital healthcare mission, none are more devoted to making a difference in people's lives than our auxiliary group members.
Auxiliary members give their time and talents to a purpose they're passionate about: helping others in their time of need. Auxiliary members provide fundraising, volunteering and exceptional service to all who enter our hospitals.
Maui Health has two auxiliary groups.
Maui Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary
Auxiliary members raise money to help purchase hospital equipment and provide scholarships and training for hospital staff. The group's major fundraisers are gift shop sales proceeds and the annual Harvest Sale, which includes baked foods, white elephant items and other goods.
Members also volunteer more than 10,000 hours a year, earning their nickname "Angels."
At MMMC, auxiliary members:
- Staff the front desk—when you visit the hospital, an auxiliary member will likely be the first person to greet you and help you find your way.
- Staff the kokua cart, which is filled with snacks for families in the operating room waiting area.
- Manage the hospital gift shop in the lobby of the Wailuku Tower.
- Offer a tea-water-cookie cart to staff and visitors.
- Visit patients through the Aloha committee.
- Help with a comfort cart for families in need.
- Serve as liaisons between families and the staff of the operating room and intensive care unit.
- Offer books and magazines to patients.
Kula Hospital Auxiliary
Through volunteering and other efforts, members of the Kula Hospital Auxiliary play a vital role in promoting the hospital's mission.
They advocate for health and wellness in the community through education and information.
And auxiliary volunteers help out in the hospital in many ways. For instance, they:
- Run the Kala Iki Thrift Store.
- Help improve Kula Hospital's facilities.
- Help the hospital staff and residents with various day-to-day operations.
Live the Aloha Spirit: Support a Maui Health auxiliary
Auxiliary members bring kindness to people in their time of need. You can join them. New members are always welcome in both our auxiliaries.
You'll give your time and talents, and you'll get so much in return. Volunteering is deeply rewarding on a personal level; our members say it feels good to give.
Being an auxiliary volunteer is also a good social experience. Members of all ages stay active, have fun and make new friends.