Chief Development Officer
- Cassie Chavez
- Tiana U'ilani Cordero
- Angelina Pacheco
Development Assistant & Data Processor
- Tamar Goodfellow - President
- Vince G. Bagoyo, Jr. – Vice President
V. Bagoyo Development Group, LLC
- Karen Williams – Vice President
- Beverly H. Kurokawa, CFP ® - Treasurer
- Jon A. Fujimoto – Assistant Treasurer
Bank of Hawaii
- Bard E. Peterson – Secretary
First Hawaiian Bank
- Melinda Sweany – Chief Development Officer
- Nane Aluli
Vice President & General Manager
- Karen Christenson
Vice President – Marketing
Mama's Fish House
- Clayton Fuchigami
Maui Federal Credit Union
- Colin D. Lee, MD
Maui Memorial Medical Center
- Cory Lynn Vicens
- Saedene K. Ota
- Angela Nolan
Vice President-Resort Operations Hawaii
Vistana Signature Experiences
- Michael A. Rembis, Ex-Officio
Chief Executive Officer
Maui Health System
- Yuki Lei Sugimura
- Robert T. Takamatsu, Esq.
Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
Frequently asked questions
Our mission is to engage our community and visitors in supporting our hospitals to ensure Maui Health delivers the highest level of patient-centered healthcare.
With the help of people like you, we:
- Purchase state-of-the-art, lifesaving medical equipment
- Provide funding for education and training for our clinical staff
- Fund community outreach and health education programs
- Provide patient assistance to those in need
- Help to fund facility improvements
Maui Health Foundation is an independent 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization, separate from Maui Health. All contributions to Maui Health Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law, and are solely restricted to support Maui Health hospitals. You may even designate your gift for a specific department or program.
The foundation was created in 1997 with a $1.25 million bequest from the late Richard North, a Kihei resident. Mr. North was so moved by the care he received at Maui Memorial Medical Center that he bequeathed the bulk of his estate to demonstrate his gratitude. This incredible gift planted the seed for the beginning of the foundation. The Foundation recently changed its name to Maui Health Foundation, as our support now encompasses not only Maui Memorial Medical Center, but Kula Hospital and Lanai Community Hospital as well.
Since 2005, Maui Health Foundation has funded mammograms at a cost of over $354,000 for over 1,000 uninsured or underinsured Maui women, who would otherwise not have access to this lifesaving screening.
- Arabella Infant CPAP machines for babies who need assistance breathing.
- Ultrasound machines for the intensive care unit and emergency room.
- AngioJet Thrombectomy blood clot removal machine.
- Wireless EKG machines for all Maui County ambulances.
- Pediatric Dental x-ray equipment for children with special needs.
- Postpartum beds for the OB Department.
- Laparoscopic, neurology and orthopedic equipment for the Operating Room.
- Materials for the renovation of the operating room waiting area.
- $720,000 worth of equipment for the Heart & Vascular Center.
- New ovens for the Kula Hospital Dietary Department.
- Nearly $1 million worth of state-of-the-art neurosurgery equipment.