4th Annual Because of You Gala
Our Foundation held its 4th annual Because of You Gala on Oct. 18, 2019, at the Fairmont Kea Lani honoring the much deserving Betty Mae Leis, wife of the late Dorvin D. Leis, and a longtime community supporter. Friends, family, colleagues, Maui Health leaders, providers and other dignitaries filled the ballroom with a very heart-filled tribute to a much loved and respected community member. The event raised an overwhelming $325,000, more than any previous gala. The net proceeds will go toward the Foundation's Patient Resource Assistance fund, which provides home care equipment, transportation and other services for patients in need.
Each year, the Foundation hosts a fundraising gala, honoring someone whose philanthropic and/or community contribution has made a large impact on our island. The honoree designates which hospital department or specific need the event's proceeds will go toward.
A special thank you to our sponsors
- Fairmont Kealani
- Dorvin & Betty Leis Family Charities, Inc.
- Dovin D. Leis Co., Inc.
- Tomlinson – Leis Corporation
- Maui Health
- Michael Shea, MD
- Renaissance Imaging Medical Associates
- Wailuku Village People
- Acutron, Unitek Contracting Group
- Bank of Hawaii
- Beverly Kurokawa
- Emergent Medical Associates
- First Hawaiian Bank
- Hawaiian Dredging Construction Company, Inc.
- Pace Supply Corp.
- Pulama Lana'i
- United Laundry Service
- Clinical Labs of Hawaii
- Elite Parking
- Goodfellow Bros.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 1186
- "Friends of Betty Leis" — Karen & Dave Williams, Mary Anderson & Greg Lang, Pete & Debi Lemman, Estrella & Roy Dunn, Bev & Tony Kozy
- "Friends of Betty Leis" — Claudia & Dan Goodfellow, Lisa & Jim Judge, Debi Chapel, Norma Badoyen, Sheryl-Lynn Suzuki, Kristina Lyona Lamber, Anders Lyons, Mette Lyons
- Kobayashi, Sugita & Goda, LLP
- Luz Patricia Medina, M.D.
- Maui Electric
- Maui Lani
- Peter & Maggie Martin
- Risk Solution Partners
- Service Rentals & Supplies Inc.
- Sheet Metal Workers International Association