Lanai Community Vaccine Clinic
A COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held on Lāna‘i for all Lāna‘i residents. You must be a Lāna‘i resident to qualify and be at least 16 years old. Our rural island community is particularly vulnerable to the effects of COVID-19. Please do your part to protect yourself and our Lāna‘i ‘ohana to help end this pandemic. This is our shot to protect our community!
Why you should get vaccinated
Our rural community, older population, and lack of medical resources make Lāna‘i particularly vulnerable to the effects of COVID-19, but our vulnerabilities now present our residents with a huge opportunity to be one of the first communities to move forward. Let’s not miss this chance! Why get vaccinated?
- Lowers your odds of getting COVID-19
- Protects household members and friends from becoming infected
- Lowers your chances of becoming seriously ill or dying from COVID-19
- Future possibility of traveling more freely Future easing of social restrictions
- Lāna‘i community “herd” immunity
- The more people that are vaccinated, the sooner our quality of life improves
The CDC has also issued the following recommendations apply to non-healthcare settings. Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
Click here for more COVID-19 Vaccine safety and efficacy information: https://www.mauihealth.org/covid-19/covid-19-faqs/covid-19-vaccine-faq/#vaccine
Vaccine clinic information
Saturday, April 17
9:00 – 11:45 am and 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Rear parking lot of the old Dole Administration Building (730 Lanai Avenue). Same location as March 27th vaccine clinic.
- Pfizer Vaccine first and second doses available, by appointment only. Please do not arrive earlier than your scheduled appointment time.
- Open to all Lana'i residents (aged 16 years and above)
If you received your first dose on March 27th at the drive-through community vaccine clinic, you can book your second dose appointment in VAMS. Log-in to your VAMS account at vams.cdc.gov.
For assistance, please call Lana'i Community Hospital at 808-565-8450, Monday-Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
If you cannot make the April 17 date, please email us at email@example.com or leave a message on our hotline at 242-2273 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
FIRST DOSE - START HERE FOR NEW VACCINE REQUEST
Quick step-by-step overview:
- STEP 1: Request/qualify for a vaccine by completing the Lanai Community Vaccine Health Record Form below. (Each person/form MUST have their own email address. DO NOT submit more than one form with the same email address.)
- STEP 2: Once you receive your e-mail from the CDC/VAMS, create an account with VAMS.
- STEP 3: After you’ve completed your VAMS registration, schedule your appointment in VAMS at the Lanai Clinic Location location.
- STEP 4: Download and complete the Insurance Information Form and bring on the day of your appointment.
- STEP 5: Register with V-Safe before you arrive for your appointment. (https://vsafe.cdc.gov/)
- STEP 6: Complete the VAMS Pre-Vaccination Questionnaire.
- STEP 7: Day of appointment – arrive on time with ALL required documents: valid ID, insurance card(s), Insurance Information Form, and VAMS Pre-vaccination Questionnaire. You must also bring a copy of your insurance card and ID.
Resources and quick links
Please carefully review the information provided below to assist with registration and troubleshooting. Forms can also be picked up from Lana’i Community Hospital (628 7th Street). No forms/incomplete forms will delay your appointment.