For the most up-to-date information, visit mauihealth.org/covidvaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccine update 02.12.2021:
- Weekly vaccine shipments have been consistent with two (2) trays of the Pfizer vaccines being delivered to Maui Health per week, or about 2,000 doses per week.
- We have completed the majority of the second dose shots that we needed to administer and have started contacting people in the priority group to reschedule.
- So far, we have reached out to those with a previously scheduled appointment on January 17 through 22, which includes our most high-risk kupuna.
- We will continue to invite priority group members (those that had an appointment that was canceled at Maui Health) to reschedule in small batches, based on the number of vaccines we receive each week.
You will be receiving an invitation to reschedule your appointment from Maui Health, not VAMS.
- Please be patient. It may take a few weeks to get each appointment.
- Again, we are prioritizing rescheduling based on original appointment date and age (kupuna age 75 and over), so that we can serve the highest risk population as soon as possible.
We are also excited to share that we are planning to open a very small clinic site on the south side of Maui and will open up to the priority group to book there as well. Once we have confirmed vaccines for that clinic, we will be providing the option of scheduling appointments at either Maui Memorial in Wailuku, or at the new clinic in Kihei. We will release more information on this as soon as we have it, but this will allow us to vaccinate more people each week.
We thank you again for your patience and support.