An important update from Maui Health. Click the link below to read more:
Maui Health Update 3/20/23
Maui Health Operations Updates, as of March 9, 2023:
- Strike activity is taking place at Maui Memorial Medical Center and Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital, and Lānaʻi Community Hospital since February 22, 2023. We do not know how many days the strike activity will continue.
- Maui Health has a contingency plan in place to reduce any potential disruption to patient care and overall operations, which includes additional staffing and dedicated labor pool to assist in affected areas.
- The health and safety of our employees, patients and providers remains our top priority.
- Safety measures have been put in place to ensure all entrances to our hospitals and facilities remain open and accessible so please do not delay receiving the care you need.
- If emergency medical care is needed, the emergency departments are available 24/7 to provide care.
- If you are experiencing any delays in accessing the hospital, please make that known to Maui Health Security who will be on-site at the entrance and/or Maui Police Department personnel when it is necessary for emergent medical access.
Scheduled Procedures and Appointments:
- Maui Health continues to work closely with community providers to review scheduled procedures to ensure we are managing the needs of our patients while maintaining the safety of our patients and staff.
- All entrances at all hospitals and clinics are accessible to patients and visitors.
- Please continue to check in with Security upon arrival.
- Patients and visitors are encouraged to plan for delays, arrive early for appointments, and if visiting MMMC, use the ER Entrance, as traffic near the entrances may be slower due to the strike activity.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our patients and visitors.