Thank you for choosing Maui Memorial Medical Center. We will strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
The information below will help you prepare for an inpatient stay.
Complimentary valet parking is available at the main entrance of the Kahului Tower. Hours of operation are:
- Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Weekends and observed holidays from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Limited self-parking also is located throughout the campus.
- Low-heeled, comfortable shoes.
- Insurance copayment.
- Advance healthcare directive.
- Insurance card.
- Photo ID.
- Case for your eyeglasses or contact lenses, if you have them.
- Crutches (if you are having leg or foot surgery). You should know how to use your crutches before your procedure.
- A listing of current medications.
- Any assistive devices you rely on (walkers, wheelchairs, hearing aids, etc.)
- Bathrobe, nightclothes.
- Non-valuable personal items and toiletries (makeup, comb, brush, toothpaste and toothbrush).
- Comfortable change of clothes to go home in.
- Valuables, large amounts of cash, jewelry.
- Jewelry. Please remove all jewelry, including all piercings, from your body.
- Makeup and nail polish.
Your room assignment is based on your admitting diagnosis and bed availability.
Phones are provided in each room. You may receive calls in your room from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. If you are in Critical Care incoming calls will be routed through the nurses' station. Local calls may be made at any time from the room by dialing "9" and then the number.
You can also make a credit card call, a collect call, or charge a call to another number at any time by dialing "O" for the operator. Long distance calls cannot be charged to your room. The hospital does not accept collect calls. You are able to accept calls in your room.
If you need help making a call, please dial the hospital operator.
We are a tobacco- and smoke-free campus. Smoking and tobacco products will be strictly prohibited anywhere on the campus, including all outdoor areas and parking lots. If you smoke, let the nursing staff know so that your provider may provide you with nicotine replacement products and discuss alternative resources to assist you in abiding by this hospital-wide policy. This policy also applies to family and other visitors.