Updated visitor information
To protect the safety of our patients and caregivers, Maui Health is following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for limiting visitors at all of our hospitals and clinics.
Current visitor policy for all Maui Health facilities*:
In line with the latest guidelines issued by the County of Maui related to COVID-19, we have revised our visiting policy.
All Maui Health hospitals and facilities*:
- At this time, no visitors are permitted, with the following exceptions:
- One (1) visitor per obstetric (OB) patient.
- One (1) visitor per pediatric patient, limited to parents or legal guardians.
- A patient with any disability may have one personal assistant (18 years or older) if essential for the patient’s physical or emotional well-being and care.
- No visitors under the age of 14.
- Any visitor who is coughing or shows other signs of illness will not be allowed to enter.
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask that the hospital will supply.
- We encourage patients to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime, and/or phone.
*Maui Health locations: Maui Memorial Medical Center and Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital and Clinic, Lanai Community Hospital.
At Maui Memorial Medical Center, we have restricted public entrances to only the main lobby and the entrance located near the Pacific Cancer Institute. Emergency Room patients are provided a rapid assessment in the screening tent located directly outside the ER prior to being allowed to enter the ER. The gift shop is also closed until further notice.
General visiting hours
6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Specific care unit visiting hours
Molokai North (Obstetrics)
Support person with ID Band: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
General Visiting Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Molokini I (Adult Behavioral Health Unit)*
Monday through Friday: 6 to 8 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays: 1 to 3 p.m.; 6 to 8 p.m.
*no visitors allowed until further notice.
Lanai (Critical Care Unit)
8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.