Provider DirectoryBack to search
Derrick J. Beech, MD
|Facilities||Maui Memorial Medical Center Outpatient Clinic|
Blog posts by this provider
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 Q: Should men be screened for prostate cancer?
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 Q: I know that certain types of cancer are hereditary. Is that the biggest factor in determining chances of getting cancer?
- Thursday, August 29, 2019 Q: I've read that Maui now has a new oncological surgeon. Can cancer patients be treated on Maui now or are there still certain procedures that still need to be done on Oahu or on the mainland?
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 Q: My mother is 86. Should she still be undergoing cancer screening? At what age should someone stop screening, and is a person ever too old to undergo surgery or treatment for cancer?
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 Q: What role does stress play in cancer risk and treatment?
- Thursday, July 11, 2019 Q: My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer. What are the most important things she needs to know to give her the best chance of fighting this?
- Thursday, July 11, 2019 Q: I love the beach and spend a lot of time in the sun. What's the best way to protect against skin cancer?
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 Q: I have dark-complexioned skin. Do I still have to worry about skin cancer?
- Thursday, May 30, 2019 Q: I'm interested in trying herbal therapies for cancer prevention. Do these work?
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 Q: What causes liver cancer and bile duct cancer, and why are they more prevalent in Hawaii?
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 Q: Should all men be screened for prostate cancer, and is PSA screening enough?
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 Q: What are the benefits of screening for colon and rectal cancer, and what are the different types of screening?
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 Q: I heard that using certain kinds of deodorant can increase the risk for breast cancer. Is that true?
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 Q: I was just diagnosed with cancer. What are the most important things that I can do, right now, to help me through this?
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 Q: What can I do to improve my chances of not developing cancer?
While this physician has privileges to practice at the hospital(s), they are an independent provider and are not employed by the hospital(s).