Getting great care for a neurological problem doesn't have to mean leaving Maui. It's comforting to know that a board-certified neurologist at Maui Health can help you when you need it most.
Maui Health offers inpatient neurology care at Maui Memorial Medical Center (MMMC). This means that a neurologist is always available, should you need specialized care during a hospital stay.
Our neurologists also provide 24/7 care for patients in the MMMC emergency room.
We treat a variety of neurological problems
Here are a few of the many conditions the neurology team at MMMC can diagnose and treat:
- Stroke. MMMC is a The Joint Commission-certified primary stroke center. This means that our experts have everything they need to rapidly diagnose and treat strokes right here on Maui.
- Cerebral aneurysm (a ballooning of a blood vessel in the brain).
- Subarachnoid and subdural hemorrhage (bleeding around the brain).
- Seizure and epilepsy.
- Infections of the central nervous system, such as meningitis.
- Myelopathies (spinal cord diseases).
- Neuropathy (nerve damage).
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Myasthenia gravis (an autoimmune disease).
- Brain and spinal tumors.
Advanced neurology procedures close to home
MMMC is equipped with state-of-the-art imaging technologies that allow us to rapidly diagnose neurological problems. And if your condition could be helped by a medical procedure, we have you covered.
Our patients have access to:
- Neurosurgeons who are recognized throughout Hawaii and the mainland as leaders in their specialty.
- Interventional neuroradiology. Our team uses catheters and other instruments to treat conditions such as stroke and brain aneurysm.
Qualified and caring Maui neurologists
The neurologists at MMMC are part of Pacific Permanente Group. They're board-certified, highly trained and focused on providing compassionate, patient-centered care that is as good as any you might find outside Maui.
You can feel confident asking your provider to refer you to MMMC for specialized neurological care.