Maui Memorial Medical Center Wound Care and Hyperbaric Therapy
95 Maui Lani Parkway, Suite B (click for driving directions)
Wailuku, HI, 96793
Download a map
From Kaahumanu Avenue, turn onto Maui Lani Parkway. Pass straight through the first traffic light, then take the first left into the clinic parking lot.
At Maui Health, we're proud to offer our community's first comprehensive wound care center. We have everything needed to quickly heal wounds, including a team of highly trained specialists and advanced treatments all under one roof.
Types of wounds we treat
As a comprehensive wound healing center, we specialize in the treatment of all types of non-healing and difficult-to-heal wounds, including:
- Arterial/ischemic ulcers.
- Compromised flaps or grafts.
- Crush injuries.
- Diabetes wounds, including foot ulcers.
- Infected wounds.
- Non-healing surgical wounds.
- Post-radiation injury to tissue or bone.
- Pressure ulcers.
- Traumatic wounds.
- Venous ulcers.
Regardless of their cause, non-healing wounds can have serious health consequences and may decrease your quality of life. That's where we come in. At our wound center, we're dedicated to healing wounds, preventing limb loss and giving you the best possible outcome.
Our approach to wound care
Maui Health's comprehensive wound care center brings together wound care specialists from various medical fields, including hyperbaric medicine doctors, general physicians, vascular and plastic surgeons, podiatrists, and infectious disease specialists. They work together, alongside nurses and technicians with advanced training in wound care, to tailor the most effective treatment plan to stimulate healing. You can be confident in our clinicians' proven track record of healing wounds—even those that haven't responded to other treatments.
Being a comprehensive center also means that we don't just treat your wound, we also address any underlying causes, such as diabetes or poor circulation.
Our wound care treatments
We use traditional and advanced therapies and techniques that are proven to reduce healing time and improve healing rates. Depending on the type of wound, your treatment plan may include:
- Debridement (surgical removal of dead or infected tissue).
- Diagnostic testing, such as vascular testing, blood tests and x-rays, as needed.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which uses 100% oxygen to heal certain wounds. We have two state-of-the-art hyperbaric chambers.
- Infection control.
- Nutritional evaluation to ensure that you're eating the right foods to improve wound healing.
- Patient education.
- Pressure-relieving devices.
- Specialized dressings.
What to expect from our wound care specialists
During your first visit, our staff will evaluate your wound, review your medical history and order any necessary tests.
Once we prescribe a treatment plan, you will visit the wound healing center regularly for specialized treatments and monitoring of your healing
To help with your healing, please:
- Care for your wound at home as directed by the wound care team.
- Take medications as directed.
- Return for your follow-up appointments.
- Keep regular appointments with your primary care provider while you are receiving wound care treatment.
Make a wound care appointment
If you or a loved one has a wound that is of concern or is not healing properly, we encourage you to visit the wound center for an evaluation.
Please call Maui Memorial Medical Center Wound Care and Hyperbaric Therapy at 808.986.4500 or email email@example.com to learn more about how we can help you.